The legal voters of the Poquonnock Bridge Fire District are hereby warned and notified to assemble for the Annual Meeting of the Poquonnock Bridge Fire District. The meeting will be held at the Groton Senior Citizens Center, 102 Newtown Rd., Groton, CT on Tuesday, May 10, 2016. The Annual Meeting will commence at 7:30 p.m. for the purpose of acting on the following matters:
1. To nominate and elect three (3) members of the Board of Directors. The three candidates receiving the most votes will be elected to a 3 year term commencing on July 1, 2016 and expiring on June 30, 2019.
2. To appropriate the sum of Four Million Five Hundred Sixty Seven Thousand Four Hundred Forty Seven Dollars ($4,567,447) as a budget for Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
3. To announce the results of the election of directors.
4. To nominate and elect the following Officers of the District from amoung the nine existing and newly elected members of the Board of Directors: a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Clerk who shall take office on July 1, 2016 and to serve a 1 year term in such capacity expiring on June 30, 2017.
5. To authorize the Fire District Board of Directors to levy a tax on the Fire District Grand List last completed to become due and payable on July 1, 2016 sufficient to cover the appropriations approved at this meeting.
6. To authorize the District Treasurer to take temporary loans if required and in such amounts as may be determined to be necessary by the Fire District Board of Directors.
7. To announce the results of the election of officers.
8. To authorize the Fire District Board of Directors to fill any vacancies.